Nationals of the Member States of the European Union (EU) and of the European Economic Area do not need a visa to reside and study in Wallonia-Brussels.

On the other hand, if you are a national of a non-Member State of the European Union, you may need a visa to gain entrance to Belgian territory.

You must contact the Belgian embassy or consulate in your country of origin in order to find out whether a visa is necessary.

The procedure to obtain a visa varies according to your status – student, intern, researcher – and the duration of your stay – short: under 90 days, or long: over 90 days.

You will find more information about the procedure to be followed to apply for a visa on the website of the Immigration Office(link is external).

For the contact details of the Belgian embassy or consulate in your country, consult the website of the Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs.(link is external)

The contact details of the diplomatic missions of your country in Belgium(link is external) can also come in useful upon your arrival in Belgium.