The International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognises international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognised achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
Host Institution(s): University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study: Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC.
Number of Awards: Not specified.
Target group: International students
Scholarship value/inclusions/duration: International Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs.
The Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
Eligibility: Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
• be applying for their first undergraduate degree
• be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
• have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
• be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
• demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
• be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognised secondary school, college or other university
Application instructions: Award candidates must be nominated by their current school or college/university. When students are confirmed for nomination by their school, college, or university, their institution must use the International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination package found at the official website.
Nomination packages must be postmarked by 1 December 2016. Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC by 1 December 2016 and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2017.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the nomination package/application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://internationalscholars.ubc.ca/about-the-program/ilot/