The Lagos State Scholarship Board is offering Partial Merit Scholarships for Nigerian students to study in foreign universities. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Am I Eligible?
Nationality: Nigerian citizens
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Postgraduate degrees
Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Paediatrics, D Pharmacy, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, All spheres of Engineering, Geology, Architecture and Built Design, Information Technology, Avionics, Aerospace Engineering and Aircraft Maintenance, Film and Animation, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Law, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Computer Applications and Software Development, Business Administration with CIMA or ACCA Syllabus, Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, Journalism and Mass Communication, Economics and Railway Transportation
Postgraduate: Masters degree, Ph.D. and Medical Residencies available in all Fields.
College/University: Collaborating universities
Undergraduate (UG) studies in India, Ukraine, Republic of South Africa, and China.
Postgraduate (PG) studies in India, Republic of South Africa and Ukraine.
Criteria of Eligibility Undergraduate level:
- All applicants must have passed in one (1) sitting the Secondary School Certificate WAEC or NECO with a minimum of 5 passes of Grades Distinction –Credit (A-C) in relevant subjects to their choice of Course for Study.
- English Language and Mathematics with the minimum Credit (C) pass is compulsory for all applicants.
- Minimum Age for all applicants is 16 years; Maximum age shall be 24 years.
- Applicants with A’ level qualifications, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or Higher National Diploma above 24 years but below 28 years may be considered.
- Applicants with Higher National Diploma (HND) with a pass of Distinction in all Subjects may be given placement with an Exemption from First Year. Maximum age for this category of applicants shall be 30 years.
- Applicants with a First degree a minimum qualification of a Second class upper (2.1) division in Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Biochemistry or Microbiology may apply for Medicine (MBBS) with exemption from year 1
Criteria of Postgraduate level:
- All applicants must have undergone undergraduate studies with a minimum qualification of a Second class upper (2.1) division.
- Maximum Age for all Masters students is 35 years and for Ph.D. applicants 40 years
- All Ph.D. applicants must have undergone a Masters Degree program in the relevant area she/he intends to pursue a Ph.D.
- All Ph.D. applicants must submit with the required documents a Proposal for their intended area/topic of research.
What does it cover?
Value: Partial Scholarship
How do I apply?
Application is online
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: 1 November 2016
Official Scholarship Website: http://lagosscholarship.org/partial-merit-scholarship-award-slots-for-nigerians-to-study-in-foreign-universities-for-undergraduate-and-postgraduate-studies-for-2016-20172017-2018/